Staff Engagement In 2020
Prioritise Work-Life Balance
- More emphasis on flexibility in the workplace
- Discussing flexible options with employees and if suitable, allowing home based working, Skype calls etc.
- 75% of employees said they experience greater productivity at home (FlexJob)
- Embracing flexibility will be key in 2020 as more employees are looking for work-life balance
- Healthier, happier employees are more productive
- It can build community and create an environment of wellness
- Decrease of sickness days and sick pay
- Organisations are seeing the value in emphasising employee wellness with 60% of companies offering wellness programmes (Optum)
Workplace Mental Health
- Following on from workplace wellness, its crucial to make sure that the organisation has an awareness of mental health
- Poor mental health is one of the biggest issues in the workplace today and causes a loss of over 70 million working days each year.
- Organisations need to have an awareness of an employees’ triggers for stress so Managers need to be in regular communication with their teams.
Personal Growth & Development
- 47% of employees said that a limited career path would make them look for a better opportunity (Randstad)
- Even if you have a flat structure or you are a small organisation, it is crucial that employees’ feel that they are learning and developing/ growing
- Mentoring / coaching is crucial to attracting and retaining highly qualified employees.
Creative Employee Benefits
- Employee benefits are an area that needs to evolve from traditional ones to more creative and personalised ones
- Flexible benefits could be an option for larger organisations so employees can pick and choose what
- Benefits that could be an option—free healthy snacks, additional paid holiday, napping rooms, free breakfast, paid gym memberships etc
- Messages shared by employees reach 561% further than the same message shared by companies.
- Employees now play a role in corporate branding due to the rise of social media.
- It is key that employees fully understand your organisation’s values, goals so that they can share this on social media and help promote the organisation.
- Above all else, create a workplace that people want to promote!
Should you have any questions feel free to reach out to our help line. DLP advisors are available to answer any questions you may have at 0330 400 4495.
As workplaces reopened over the last few months prior to the recent…
With further changes, more lockdowns, curfews and suggested working from…